Hey everyone!
So I'm officially entering week 4 of being ridiculously sick, which is tough, but I think I'm at the end of it, so it's all good. This last week has been kind of different because I have been able to breathe and talk to people and read because I had my reading break, and this week we have our 24/7 week of prayer, so things have been a little more low-key. This week, we've reserved a room for parayer only, so I'll be in there once a day for an hour just to talk to God...so far it's been really cool. Also, I've been spending more time than I ever have in the bible, which has been amazing...
For our final project in Hermeneutics I, wrote six pages on Galatians 2:19-20. It may have been one of the best things that I have ever done.
"19For through the law I(A) died to the law, so that I might(B) live to God. 20I have been(C) crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives(D) in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God,(E) who loved me and(F) gave himself for me. 21I do not nullify the grace of God, for(G) if righteousness[a] were through the law,(H) then Christ died for no purpose."
Only now am I starting to grasp the concept that Christ was part of God's plan from the beginning, and that he had not come immediately after the fall because we needed to see how unsuccessful our attempts would be to live up to God's standards would be on our own. Understanding that ultimately the law led us to Christ, but once he came he fulfilled every requirement which that I could not accomplish has been a huge revelation. It has added such a new dynamic to the way I now understand things when I read familiar Scripture.
I think the most important thing I took from Paul's text was that my identity is in Christ. While this is a popular theme in Christianity, it is always so good to be reaffirmed of this fact. I have never read though, that I have been crucified with Christ. The significance of the cross is so much greater to me, knowing that I am part of this symbol. I can now identify with expression “take up your cross”; to deny myself and live for God. While it once seemed a burden to me, I now see it as an honour, it is something I want to do because Christ truly lives in me. Thank God for Christ, my Saviour who has done everything I can not do on my own and more!
As far as ministry goes, I had youth last Friday night and the other Kaleo student (Kurtis) came with me. Oh man it was great. It was only the third time that I have been to a youth night, but I am genuinely loving those guys so much and they have definitely warmed up to me. It really is a tough situation, because the church is so full of women who are inclined to serve and participate with the youth...and yet the group is mostly guys. I would really appreciate if you would all continue to pray that Kurtis and I can give that group everything they need. I am really excited about getting to spend more time with them at an inter-youth retreat on Thetis Island and developing those relationships.
To brighten your day, I have included a small video clip that I promised from my old Hermeneutics project...
Hope this brings you joy!
Till next time! Kev!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment