Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh no....

Sorry guys! I left this letter as just a draft, so it's been sitting in my account unposted till now...ahh well, double the info for you!


The boys under a waterfall at Mystic Beach!



Hi guys! So basically, I just came back from one of the longest but sweetest weekends evs... and prayer has definitely been answered. I was really bummed a little while ago that I couldn't go to Hornby Island with my youth group for a retreat, because it conflicted with my Hermeneutics schedule...

On Friday, about an hour before youth group began, I read an e-mail from my youth pastor telling me that it was a paintball-and-a-movie sleep over! I packed up my stuff as fast as I could, hopped in the van, and took off. As well, after I got there, I found out that the Kaleo student who served at St.John's last year was coming along! About 8 guys showed up, which was sweet, but they were pretty crazy. I'm not used to disrespect, swearing and hearing "Jesus CHRIST!" (at least, the way these guys were saying it) in church, haha. It took me by suprise, because I want to be these guys friends, but I realized that I have to take on a bit more of a disciplinary role for some of the guys 1) because they're BEGGING for boundaries...I'm not sure what home life is like for some of them and 2) Kathryn (the youth leader) can not take all of it on her own.

The weekend was really good for me because Selena (Kaleo-alumni) and I got to have a little chat, so we were able to discuss what the group needed and how I was going to give that to them. I feel a lot more comfortable now that I have a guideline to follow. Thank you for continuing to lift me up in prayer, because I know that this is definitely NOT something that I would be able to do on my own. These guys need a man of God to follow, which is something that I myself have only begun to figure out. This experience is definitely showing me how much I need God, and how faithful he is in providing those needs.

Love in Christ,
Kevin

No comments: