Holy Cow (that's a little pagan isn't it? considering I just came out of gospels class...) Jesus is something else. Who knew?
I just took and excellent course on the Gospels with Wes Olmstead and his "apprentice" Nate. Whoa.
Did you know that when people in the Bible bowed down before Christ and said something like "surely you are the Messiah", they didn't realize that they were actually speaking to the one true Son of God?
Or that Jesus did not know everything before his death? For example, when talking about the end times, he says in Matthew 24:36 that only the Father knows when the events he is prophesying will happen. I never paid much attention to that. Nor did I ever spend much time thinking about the humanity of Jesus... so much emphasis has been put on his divinity that I almost accepted him has nothing but divine.
What a wonderful course.
Meanwhile, I just went snow caving on Mt. Washington and that was probably in the top 3 list of my most ridiculous camping experiences. I don't know that I have been so uncomfortably cold for so long in my life. But the cave we made WAS pretty amazing. Minus our friend Arlan (one of the weirdest characters I have ever known) forgot his sleeping bag, so Jon and I zipped our sleeping bags together and all three of us slept crammed together. I can't sleep when I'm relying on someone else for comfort... The first thing I'm buying when I get married is a nice wide bed.
Peace out, dudes and dudettes!
Kevin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment