Well, I just had a fantastic night yesterday. Kind of.
St. John's youth group headed off to Victoria last night to give to the homeless. They had done a pancake dinner to raise money a few weeks ago... the week after I made a mall scavenger hunt for them and afterwards we bought some toiletries and food... and yesterday we gave it out.
The people we met break my heart. Their insight into life kills me. And they are sooo open. The conversations with those people are so interesting and deep so quickly. They're real. And they're SO open to truth. And so much of what they say IS so true = so biblical. The first woman I met last night was named Linda (everyone calls her mama though... and mama bear when she's angry ahahha). She was talking about how she checks in with everyone she runs into... makes sure they're living well... because "everyone needs to be loved unconditionally"... and she wanted to be that love for people. I wanted to ask her who she had to provide that love for her... but I thought of it after I left her. I should have handed her my Bible and told her that it will tell her everything she needs to know about unconditional love.
I should being doing things like what we did last night all the time.
Kevin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment