Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Herrooooo everybody!

Just thought I would give you a little update, considering it's my B-DIZZLE!!! Nothing like starting off the day feeling SO loved. I got thrown in the air, a box of gifts, and now I'm heading off to mystic beach with my Kaleo Family!

I just finished my Hermeneutics class, so this little out-trip we are taking is much needed. But what an affirming class for my faith. I had no idea HOW reliable the Bible is. Did you know that there are about 5,000 early copies of some/all of the Bible out there? And that the people who wrote the NIV took ALL of them into account when writing it? It's like we have an even more accurate copy of the Bible now then they did back then hahaha.. kind of...

It was really a great class. Our final in class project was a ridiculous video made to portray the relationship of Paul and Timothy in 1 Timothy, and to show 3 main themes of the book. I won't tell you exactly what we did in the video, but I'll give you a little clip of it when I can upload it later on, and I'll give you a little quote from our beloved prof, Sir Merrill Dyck, "Never in the history of my teaching has any group taken me so close to the abyss, and forced me to peer over the edge." He said that he loved the project, though, and I'll defend to the death that people will remember the sin that Timothy was up against because of our project.

After taking the course, I am SUPER thankful that I didn't go on the youth retreat because we had so much work to do, but I'm still hugely distraught about what my future with the St. John's youth group will be, so if you could please continue to pray for that, I would continue to appreciate and pray for all you at home.

TILL NEXT TIME!
Kev

Kevin

1 comment:

Rita said...

Hey Kev - Happy, happy birthday!
We've been thinking of you a lot - and are sooo glad to hear this year is turning out to be a blessing and exciting. I'm not surprized to hear that you've met and made lots of good new friends. We've missed you tons - and wish you tons of birthday love and surprizes.
I guess we'll be celebrating your birthday at Christmas???
Love Rick, Rita, Elyse, Holly & AJ